Friday, June 20, 2008

a little more

For those of you who know about my parent coach Gail Allen, here is some interesting stuff for Gail and I to discuss. When the girls got back from our excursion today, I knocked on Jim's door at the hotel(he and Ali are sharing a room), no answer. An hour later I called the room, still no answer. I got worried... as it was almost 7:30and no sign of them. Then a tap on my door, it was Jim, he had gotten a massage, and Ali was sound asleep. She had only eaten french fries, Jim couldn't get her to eat. She was not happy about going down for dinner, and only ate a few bites of her hamburger. A Chinese burger IS different. She was very needy. She told Jim she isn't looking forward to going to the orphanage. When asked last weekend, she told her adult cousins, Trey and Eric, she isn't looking forward to it either. Jim thinks she is very nervous about going. I am hoping to calm her about it tomorrow. I think she is a bit overwhelmed. Sensory overload. Tomorrow is a big travel day. I have lots of energy bars. Ali was happy when I suggested we pack a couple of freeze dried dinners I bought at REI in anticipation of her dislike of the Chinese food.

I forgot to tell you about the silk factory tour... we actually got silk cocoon. They demonstration the spinning and we pulled a sheet of it. Kimmie, Marguerite, Margaret and I used full strength to pull it. It is much harder than it looks. The sheet looks like the Halloween webbing used to create spider webs.

At the pearl factory they opened an oyster... for Dad- trivia question: how many pearls do you think were in 1 oyster? To all of our surprise 28.

We are all repacked for our train ride. Bed time for me now as it it 10:12pm. We rise at 5am.

Have a good Friday, and I will have a good night's sleep.
Love to you all,
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen: Be sure you take GOOD CARE of Margaret.... Hope you all stay safe and that you have a GREAT time there. Tell Mags I miss her already and that her Mom is doing fine. MARIA

Karen said...

I will give her a big ole kiss from you and a hug. She is doing so great with the food. She enhaled her noodles today at lunch, but she is dripping all over her clothes. We laugh about that a lot. We love having her with us.
love,
K